Tuesday, April 9, 2013

What to Expect When You Are Expecting!?!?!

Current Cravings: Macaroni & Cheese, green apples, tomato soup, and chocolate Haagen Dazs ice cream

We are so excited to announce that we are expecting our first bundle of joy due to arrive October 14, 2013! I am currently 13 weeks and Baby d and I are doing wonderful!

The experience here in Malaysia has been very good so far with ultrasounds every time I go into the office. Since this is our first child, I didn’t know what to expect, but was shocked to find out that we could see our little angel each time we went.

I first went to the doctor when Kaes was in the U.S. and I was 8 weeks along – February 26th. The doctor was able to do a transvaginal ultrasound and confirmed I was pregnant and let me listen to the heartbeat! It was such a wonderful experience although I was sad Kaes was not there to share such an exciting time. I thought I would only have blood work and talk to the doctor, not knowing they would be able to see and hear so much right away!

Our second visit was at 10 weeks on March 20th This was the first visit Kaes attended and we were able to see Baby d right away. Baby even did a complete flip in my belly as we were watching!!! We knew right away we had a very active one on our hands! Everything looked normal and we discussed what would happen at the 12 week, end of 1st trimester appointment the next time we came in. I had no idea of all the tests to screen for and the abnormalities or diseases they could tell just by taking my blood. So many decisions to make and already I am worried to death!

Baby d at 10 weeks
The third visit was our 1st trimester follow up on April 2nd All looked well and looking for signs on the scan, Dr. Kiren (my gynecologist) said the baby looked normal and the signs of downs syndrome were not present. This is 70% accurate and a blood test could give us 90% accuracy on any other abnormalities present, but she saw no alarming signs. Thank the Lord! 

Baby d at 12 weeks
I am having blood work done this coming Thursday and will get to have another scan of Baby d while seeing the doctor. I can’t wait to see how much the baby has grown!

Other than our exciting visits to check on our growing peanut, I feel like I am over the worst part of morning sickness. It was a bit of a struggle many mornings, but drinking apple cider vinegar mixed with water has helped. Dr. Kiren was concerned at 12 weeks that I have not gained any weight, but I assured her that I had reserves to begin with, so not to worry :)



Our next appointment is on April 29th and we {should} be able to find out the sex of our baby!

What do you think? Girl or Boy???

Give us your thoughts and stay tuned for the next update!!!

Love,

Kaes, Kim, and Baby d

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Congratulations! such an exciting new time for yal! What has the heart rate been?

Unknown said...

Thank you so much! We are very excited! Heart rate has been in 150-160 range. What do you think!?!?!