Thursday, June 6, 2013

It's A....Girl!!! - 21 Week Check-Up

Current Cravings: Still green apples, but mostly any flavor of ice cream :)

We are so excited to announce that we are expecting our first bundle of joy due to arrive October 14, 2013!

I am currently 21 weeks and Baby d and I are doing wonderful! We even climbed up the Great Wall of China just last week. I major feat I must say! I am very thankful that I have had a pretty easy pregnancy so far. I was sick in the beginning each morning, but it seemed to pass quickly and I know it could have been MUCH worse.

At our appointment today, I had a test for protein and sugar in my urine and it came back negative (signs for diabetes) which is great news. I am right on track for weight gain, just need to make sure I keep a steady gain to not have issues as I get closer to delivering.

Sweet Baby Girl has really long legs and big feet!!! It is not totally surprising since Kaes and I are both pretty tall. She is going to be a big baby.

The doctor says all other signs are normal and growth is going well. She has 10 fingers and toes, solid spinal growth, good blood flow from main artery from me to her heart, all organs growing normally, and heart and brain look good. She likes to cover her face with her arm and definitely stays active and likes to kick me quite often :) I don't mind as I know she is doing okay.

Sweet girl covering her face with her hand

The doctor says she has really long legs and big feet!!!

Profile pic of our sweet baby girl
My next appointment will be in Houston before moving up to Calgary. The doctor says that I am fit to fly, which is good since we have quite a bit of it coming up!

We couldn't be more thrilled to know our little angel is healthy and growing normally. She is already so special to us and we can't wait to meet her in just about 4 months!

No comments: